Annual Luncheon 2017
Thank you for supporting our
Celebration of a Century.
On October 11, a community of supporters and influential donors commemorated the 100 year anniversary of Planned Parenthood at our Celebration of a Century!
Supporters welcomed Annual Luncheon speaker Dr. Willie Parker, author and a fearless voice who helps to ensure the most vulnerable women in the Deep South get the care they need. His address was inspiring and filled with story-telling, laughter, and ended with a standing ovation. Both Dr. Parker and President/CEO Jon Dunn emphasized the need to unite and stand strong together.
Here are ways you can get involved and stand with Planned Parenthood:
* Make a recurring gift of any amount to your local Planned Parenthood. Click here to find out more.
* Reach out to 10 friends and ask them to make a difference by supporting your local Planned Parenthood. Share our 3-minute video with your friends to start the discussion. Click here to see video.
* Join us on social media and post to your personal social media accounts, encouraging friends to support your local Planned Parenthood.
* Host a fundraising house party. Contact us at Development@PPOSBC.org.
Know the Facts:
* Each gift raised at our local affiliate provides us with the resources to offer high- quality, reproductive health care here in the community we live in.
* 1 in 5 women have relied on Planned Parenthood at some point in her life.
* 95% of our services are preventive care — services like well-woman exams, STI testing and treatment, contraception, vaccinations, and more. Check our Annual Report to see how your gift makes a difference to our neighbors.
Every gift of support is important to our 180,000 local patients we serve annually. Your gifts allow us to provide care at a reduced cost to low-income patients who otherwise would not receive the health care services they need.
Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties is a 501©(3) and gifts made to our charity are tax deductible.
About Dr. Willie Parker
Dr. Willie Parker is at the forefront of the fight for reproductive justice. He is Chair-elect of the Board of Physicians for Reproductive Health and a board member of The Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice. He was recently honored by the United Nations Office of Human Rights.
He has been featured for his work in Slate, Cosmopolitan, NPR’s Morning Edition, Salon, and more. While a fascinating profile on Dr. Parker in Esquire sparked national interest in 2014, he is now the subject of “Trapped”, a documentary about the legal battle to keep accessible abortion centers open in the South. His book Life’s Work: A Moral Argument for Choice has been praised by Gloria Steinem as a must-read. Go to Amazon Smile.com to purchase.
Want to stay in the loop on upcoming events? Sign up for our E-Newsletter.
2016 Annual Luncheon featuring Keynote Speaker Jennifer Siebel Newsom, the Emmy Award Winning Producer and Documentary Filmmaker of influential films Miss Representation, The Mask You Live In, and The Invisible War.